Welcome to Young Athletes Club
All potential new Members who applied before Half Term have been sent Taster Invitations. Go to How To Join if you want to apply.
Please check Junk Mail folders for YAC emails if you think you should have received a message from us. Still nothing? then email email@example.com
Venue: Guildford Spectrum Athletics Track GU1 1UP
Our term dates and training times are:
Spring Term Ends:
Monday 20th March
Friday 24th March
Easter Camp – Application Form now available here
Tuesday 4th, Wednesday 5th, Thursday 13th and Friday14th April (Good Friday)
Mondays start 24th April – New Time 6:00 to 7:00pm
Fridays start 28th April – 5:00 to 6:00 or 6:00 to 7:00
Monday 1st May Bank Holiday – No YAC
Half Term 29th May to 2nd June
Summer Term Ends:
Mondays 17th July
Fridays 14th July
Young Athletes Club is for athletes between the ages of 6 and 11
We like to make it challenging, enjoyable and fun.
All our training is tailored to meets the needs of young athletes.
Our athletes compete in track and field Quadkids events in the Summer, Sportshall Indoor competitions in Spring and Cross country in the Winter.
We run training sessions at Guildford Spectrum track on Monday and Friday evenings during term times.
We have 300 athletes in our club and we cater for all abilities.
We are proud to say, we love coaching our young athletes and our athletes love being part of our club!
Our calendar of activities is below.
Young Athletes Club started in September 2011 by Virginia and Tony Mitchell.
They are both GB Masters athletes who have won British, European and World Championships at 400m and 400m hurdles.
Their aim was to run an athletics club which took young athletes seriously and to offer quality coaching to teach children the skills required in key athletics events. The club has grown from 60 athletes in 2011 to 300 members today. Our athletes have represented the club at District, County and National level.
We have a fantastic team of 25 coaches who are England Athletics qualified and DBS checked.
We have our dedicated Membership Secretary, Gillian and Finance Director, Stephen and our parent helpers who ensure the club runs smoothly. If you would like to be part of our enthusiastic Young Athletes Club team in any capacity, please let us know.
Our club goals are:
- To ensure that by the age of 11 every child will have been taught the techniques of key athletics events so that they have the skills to be able to sprint, run middle distance, hurdle, jump and throw
- To encourage each child’s participation in the sport of athletics
- To provide progressive and challenging training sessions that are enjoyable, safe and fun
- To give the opportunity to compete in track and field events in the Summer, indoor Sportshall in Spring and cross country races in the Winter
- To provide Easter and Summer training camps for both members and non-members
- To ensure that each child has been given a good background in athletics training to move with confidence into the U13s age group at another club at the age of 11 if they wish to do so
Have a look at our website and check out the “How to join” page if you are interested in becoming a member.