Welcome to Young Athletes Club
We hope all our Members have enjoyed the Half Term break.
YAC training resumes on 19th February.
If you want to become a YAC Member please go to How To Join.
Training Venue: Guildford Spectrum Athletics Track GU1 1UP – location details here
Next term dates and training times are:
Spring Term 2018
Spring Term Ends
Monday 19th March
Friday 23rd March
Easter Camp 2018 Dates
Monday 9th and Tuesday 10th April
to apply go to this link
YAC Quadkids Open
Saturday 26th May
Summer Term 2018
Monday 16th April 6:00 to 7:00pm
Friday 20th April 5:00 to 6:00pm and 6:00 to 7:00pm
Young Athletes Club is for athletes between the ages of 6 and 11
- We like to make it challenging, enjoyable and fun.
- All our training is tailored to meets the needs of young athletes.
- Our athletes compete in track and field Quadkids events in the Summer, Sportshall Indoor competitions in Spring and Cross country in the Winter.
- We run training sessions at Guildford Spectrum track on Monday and Friday evenings during term times.
- We have 300 athletes in our club and we cater for all abilities.
- We are proud to say, we love coaching our young athletes and our athletes love being part of our club!
Young Athletes Club started in September 2011 by Virginia and Tony Mitchell.
They are both GB Masters athletes who have won British, European and World Championships at 400m and 400m hurdles.
Their aim was to run an athletics club which took young athletes seriously and to offer quality coaching to teach children the skills required in key athletics events. The club has grown from 60 athletes in 2011 to 300 members today. Our athletes have represented the club at District, County and National level.
We have a fantastic team of 25 coaches who are England Athletics qualified and DBS checked.
We have our dedicated Membership Secretary, Gillian and Finance Director, Stephen and our parent helpers who ensure the club runs smoothly. If you would like to be part of our enthusiastic Young Athletes Club team in any capacity, please let us know.
Our club goals are:
- To ensure that by the age of 11 every child will have been taught the techniques of key athletics events so that they have the skills to be able to sprint, run middle distance, hurdle, jump and throw
- To encourage each child’s participation in the sport of athletics
- To provide progressive and challenging training sessions that are enjoyable, safe and fun
- To give the opportunity to compete in track and field events in the Summer, indoor Sportshall in Spring and cross country races in the Winter
- To provide Easter and Summer training camps for both members and non-members
- To ensure that each child has been given a good background in athletics training to move with confidence into the U13s age group at another club at the age of 11 if they wish to do so