Welcome to Young Athletes Club
We are now accepting Applications for the Autumn Term which will start in September
If you want to become a YAC Member please go to How To Join.
Training Venue: Guildford Spectrum Athletics Track GU1 1UP – location details here
Dates and training times are:
Summer Term 2018
Term ends: Friday 6th July; Monday 9th July
Summer Camp 2018
Dates are Monday 23rd, Tuesday 24th and Wednesday 25th July at St George’s College, Weybridge as the Spectrum track will be closed for refurbishment during the summer holidays.
Summer Camp details and Application Form are here
Autumn Term 2018
11 weeks starts:
Monday 17th Sept 2018
NOTE NEW TIME for Mondays in Autumn Term – 5.30pm to 6.30pm
Friday 21st Sept 2018
5.00 to 6.00pm
6.00 to 7.00pm
Half Term 2 weeks
Mon 22nd Oct to Fri 2nd Nov
Autumn Term 2018 Ends
Monday 10th December
Friday 14th December
Young Athletes Club is for athletes between the ages of 6 and 11
- We like to make it challenging, enjoyable and fun.
- All our training is tailored to meets the needs of young athletes.
- Our athletes compete in track and field Quadkids events in the Summer, Sportshall Indoor competitions in Spring and Cross country in the Winter.
- We run training sessions at Guildford Spectrum track on Monday and Friday evenings during term times.
- We have 300 athletes in our club and we cater for all abilities.
- We are proud to say, we love coaching our young athletes and our athletes love being part of our club!
Young Athletes Club started in September 2011 by Virginia and Tony Mitchell.
They are both GB Masters athletes who have won British, European and World Championships at 400m and 400m hurdles.
Their aim was to run an athletics club which took young athletes seriously and to offer quality coaching to teach children the skills required in key athletics events. The club has grown from 60 athletes in 2011 to 300 members today. Our athletes have represented the club at District, County and National level.
We have a fantastic team of 25 coaches who are England Athletics qualified and DBS checked.
We have our dedicated Membership Secretary, Gillian and Finance Director, Stephen and our parent helpers who ensure the club runs smoothly. If you would like to be part of our enthusiastic Young Athletes Club team in any capacity, please let us know.
Our club goals are:
- To ensure that by the age of 11 every child will have been taught the techniques of key athletics events so that they have the skills to be able to sprint, run middle distance, hurdle, jump and throw
- To encourage each child’s participation in the sport of athletics
- To provide progressive and challenging training sessions that are enjoyable, safe and fun
- To give the opportunity to compete in track and field events in the Summer, indoor Sportshall in Spring and cross country races in the Winter
- To provide Easter and Summer training camps for both members and non-members
- To ensure that each child has been given a good background in athletics training to move with confidence into the U13s age group at another club at the age of 11 if they wish to do so